I don’t need to tell you what happens when a new year begins – new year resolutions. Most of which are usually centred around a healthy lifestyle. This is the time of year that the dieting and gym industry make their money, this is not the purpose of this blog. I prefer to say goals rather than resolution because it means I am being true to myself.
Making goals is very important if you want to embark on a healthy lifestyle in the new year. Permit me to share my tips based on my personal experience.
- Make realistic goals, know what you are capable, forgot about others or what they may think of your goals. You are doing this for you and not anyone else.
- Seek medical advice so you are heading on the right path. If it doesn’t go in line with your list, don’t be disappointed, follow the advice as your body can do only do so much.
- Start small, in other words, baby steps.
- Set a meal plan – I wrote about this in full details in one of my previous posts.
- Exercise and healthy eating goes hand in hand. You can’t seperate the two, just how many days a week you exercise.
- Record your progress.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon, just pick up yourself and get back on the journey. I regard the healthy lifestyle as a journey, as it is for life not a season.
- Celebrate every milestone, no matter how small.
- Reward yourself – it doesn’t have to be anything expensive or monetary, just something you like.
I hope you find this post useful, there are no short cuts to a healthy lifestyle. Fad diets, supplements, drinks are only for a season, this could be discouraging and dangerous as it has been known to lead to health issues.
Let me know how you are getting by posting a comment or getting in touch with me.